• January-May 2016: Artist in Residence at Artworks Loveland, Colorado
• November 2014: Vivid Conversations, Community Creative Center, Fort Collins
This well-attended event was the showing of works by an eclectic mix of artists from the Fort Collins area curated by Lili Francuz.
• Sept. & Oct. 2014: Drawing Festival and The Real Draw, Fort Collins Colorado
I coordinated a series of drawing exhibitions to add to the recognition of the exhibition described below, (“Here and There: Drawings from Colorado and Wales”) This ‘Drawing Festival’ was a celebration of drawing practice, encompassing various levels of education, across diverse artists in Colorado as well as abroad in the UK.
1. Nancy Blum: Drawings, The Garden in the Museum,
Until September 27, University Art Museum
2. Between 3: Recent work by MFA students in the Graduate Drawing Program, Sept. 8 – Oct.3, Directions Gallery, Visual Arts Building
3. Drawn Out: Thematic Drawings by Teachers & Students in the Poudre School District, Sept. 20 and Sept. 27, The Art Lab Fort Collins Gallery
4. From Here and There: Colorado and Wales, Sept. 26 – Oct. 31, Clara Hatton Gallery, Visual Arts Building
5. Emergence: Drawings by BFA students in the Drawing Major Program, Sept., 15 -27, Mini Gallery, Visual Arts Building
6. The Real Draw: Colorado Artists Making Their Mark in Drawing, Oct., 3- 18, Community Creative Center, Fort Collins
7. A Community in Miniature, Oct. 4- Nov. 29, Artisan Framing, Fort Collins
• June & Sept. 2014: From
Here and There: Drawings from Colorado and Wales
This was an international exchange of drawings between artists in Wales and Colorado. It was the first of a two part show I co-curated with Jonathan Powell, Director of the Elysium Gallery in Wales. It was exciting to travel to Wales to help set up this show and attend the opening reception, joined by Denver artist Melissa Furness.
• May 2014: Fire and Rain: Forces of Nature, Lincoln Center, Fort Collins
I was very fortunate to be invited by Jeanne Shoaff for this show she curated on a very timely topic. The artists included Trine Bumiller, Donny Dixon, and Anna Kaye.
• March 2014: Liminal Communities, A.I.R. National Members Show, New York
Lucy Li, Curator and JoAnne McFarland, A.I.R. Director are shown here in front of my drawing Prickly Wrap. It was very rewarding to be in New York for the opening and attend the curator’s dinner where I met many of the national members.
• February 2014: Fire and Rain, Cloyde Snook Gallery, Alamosa, Colorado
2014 started with a solo show entitled Fire and Rain. Much of this work addressed the devastating fires that raged through the state of Colorado in past years and the destructive floods of the Fall of 2013.
• November 2013: Artist in Residence, CAMAC, Marnay Arts Centre, France
CAMAC is a creative center offering international residency programs for artists, scientists and technologists working with new media The Centre is located in the village of Marnay-sur-Seine between the banks of the river Seine and the old transport canal, 110 km southeast of Paris in the region of Champagne Ardenne.
This was an intensive working time producing a large group of sketches and small drawings. Many of which were the foundation of larger installation works to come such as Fire and Rain.